At Chouchou Intimates, not only do we strive to be socially and ethically responsible, we are committed to only working with suppliers who share these values. All our products and packaging materials are manufactured by companies who uphold fair-operating practises and are fully accredited.
Here are some of the ways we currently try to minimize our impact:
1. Business Social Compliance Initiative
Our underwear and silk factories in China are certified through the Business Social Compliance Initiative. The BSCI is a leading business-driven initiative for companies committed to social compliance and improving working conditions in the global supply chain. BSCI implements the principle international labour standards protecting workers’ rights, ensuring employees are working in suitable conditions.
2. Full Factory Audits
Full factory audit are completed on a yearly basis to verify compliance with the amfori BSCI Code of Conduct and are consistently passed with above average results. The areas assessed include social management systems and cascade effect, workers involvement and protection, rights of freedom of association and collective bargaining, discrimination, fair remuneration, decent working hours, occupational health and safety, no child labour, special protection for young workers, protection of the environment and ethical business behaviour.
3. OEKO-TEX (Factory and Textile Accreditation)
Our products have been examined and meet the standard 100 by OEKO-TEX. This means they are free of harmful chemicals and are safe for human use. To attain Oeko-Tex Standard 100 certification, the fabric has been tested through a comprehensive third-party system and has been found to be free from harmful levels of more than 100 substances known to be harmful to human health.
4. 100% Carbon-Neutral Delivery
As of September 2019, Australia Post committed to delivering better environmental outcomes, through the introduction of carbon neutral parcel deliveries. To make up for the pollution caused and help to achieve carbon neutrality, Australia Post buys carbon credits, to match the calculated emissions for the deliveries provided to our customers. Chouchou Intimates utilizes this services for all local and international deliveries.
5. Sustainable Packaging Materials
All our packaging products are 100% recyclable and eco-friendly so that your unboxing experience isn’t tarnished by excessive amounts of non-recyclable plastic!
Our customised Chouchou Intimates Tissue, Tape & Sticker Seals all match the following criteria:
- FSC Certified - This ensures the paper products that make up our packaging are sourced from a forest and supply chain that is managed responsibly and sustainably.
- Uses Soy-based Inks - These are an eco-friendly alternative to petroleum-based inks, made from soybeans, a renewable resource.
- Made from Acid Free Paper - They are also made from cellulose fiber where the active acid pulp is eliminated during processing. The pulp is also lignin- and sulfur-free, meaning that our ink won’t transfer from the stickers and the paper won’t leave behind any of these chemicals when decomposing.
- Water-Activated Packing Tape - Normal packing tapes are coated in gloss and wax which do not break down in composting conditions, nor are they biodegradable. Our paper tape is printed on non-glossy/wax-coated paper meaning it becomes sticky through water-activation - a big positive for packaging sustainably.
We are also proud members of the noissue Eco Alliance which contributes to global reforestation one tree at a time. Every order we make for new tissue paper, stickers or tape, noissue plant trees for on our behalf in areas of need.