ethics & sustainability.
At Chouchou Intimates, not only do we strive to be socially and ethically responsible, we are committed to only working with factories who share these values. All our products are manufactured by suppliers who uphold fair-operating practises and are fully accredited.
We have broken down the small ways we try to make a difference:
1. Business Social Compliance Initiative
Our underwear and silk factories in China are certified through the Business Social Compliance Initiative. The BSCI is a leading business-driven initiative for companies committed to social compliance and improving working conditions in the global supply chain. BSCI implements the principle international labour standards protecting workers’ rights, ensuring employees are working in suitable conditions.
2. Full Factory Audits
In both 2019 & 2020, a full factory audit was completed to verify compliance with the amfori BSCI Code of Conduct and was passed with above average results. The areas assessed included as social management system and cascade effect, workers involvement and protection, rights of freedom of association and collective bargaining, discrimination, fair remuneration, decent working hours, occupational health and safety, no child labour, special protection for young workers, protection of the environment and ethical business behaviour.
3. OEKO-TEX (Factory and Textile Accreditation)
Our silk products have been examined and meet the standard 100 by OEKO-TEX. This means they are free of harmful chemicals and are safe for human use. To attain Oeko-Tex Standard 100 certification, the fabric has been tested through a comprehensive third-party system and has been found to be free from harmful levels of more than 100 substances known to be harmful to human health.
4. Sendle - 100% carbon-neutral delivery
Sendle has partnered with South Pole Group to offset the emissions of every parcel that is picked up and delivered by them. Each year, Sendle gives their community of business owners the opportunity to direct their impact by choosing the projects that offset Sendle's carbon emissions. Projects they currently support are Breathing Space and Myamyn Conservation Australia.
For more information on Sendle, please click here.
5. noissue - Sustainable packaging materials.
All our packaging products are 100% recyclable and eco-friendly so that your unboxing experience isn’t tarnished by excessive amounts of non-recyclable plastic!
Our customised Chouchou Intimates Tissue, Tape & Stickers all match the following criteria:
- FSC Certified - This ensures the paper products that make up our packaging are sourced from a forest and supply chain that is managed responsibly and sustainably.
- Uses Soy-based Inks - These are an eco-friendly alternative to petroleum-based inks, made from soybeans, a renewable resource.
- Made from Acid Free Paper - They are also made from cellulose fiber where the active acid pulp is eliminated during processing. The pulp is also lignin- and sulfur-free, meaning that our ink won’t transfer from the stickers and the paper won’t leave behind any of these chemicals when decomposing.
- Water-Activated Packing Tape - Normal packing tapes are coated in gloss and wax which do not break down in composting conditions, nor are they biodegradable. Our paper tape is printed on non-glossy/wax-coated paper meaning it becomes sticky through water-activation - a big positive for packaging sustainably.